On April 21st, the Diocese of Alexandria-Cornwall submitted an application to the Township of South Glengarry for demolition of The Bishop’s House (1808) in St. Raphael’s, Ontario. A group of concerned citizens, incorporated in 2010 as the Glengarry Fencibles Trust through affiliation with The Ontario Historical Society, have been working to acquire ownership of this property. With the guidance of Ontario Heritage Trust, we have developed a business plan and have community partners on board to fundraise for restoration and reuse.
|The Ontario Heritage Trust has signed an agreement with the City of Toronto to protect the historic headquarters of The Ontario Historical Society. The easement represents an important step forward for the OHS in its over twenty-year campaign to preserve this invaluable piece of built heritage for current and future generations.|
|On November 4th, 2013, the 28th Lieutenant Governor of Ontario David C. Onley held a reception at Queen's Park to celebrate the 125th anniversary of The Ontario Historical Society. At the event, His Honour spoke strongly about the importance of the work of the OHS as "Ontario's pre-eminent historical society."|